Friday, July 22, 2011

Victoria Falls

I do not even know how to write about my experience at the falls. My first impression of them was from the Victoria Falls Hotel looking ouf and just seeing the spray rising into the air. Being at one of the seven natural wonders of the world was an experience I will never forget. The falls are formed because of shifts in the tectonic plates. Over time,  the shifts cause a s-like pattern to form in the area. First, we saw the newest of falls. I think it is called Devil's Cataract, but don't hold me to that. It is a single shoot and is the shortest of the falls.  As we walked towards the other falls, we had to put ponchos on as not to get drenched from the spray. The main falls were incredible. They spread wide and it was like surround sound roaring water.  I cannot even come to describe what it was and how it looked, but will post pictures when I get home. The pictures do not even do it justice though. The area around the falls was thick with trees and everything was green due to the constant rain-like atmosphere from the spray of the falls.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment